11th Ave Place and BluEarth Renewables
11th Place Avenue, Calgary, Alberta
- Operational Excellence
- Institutional Clients
- Managed by Morguard
- Property Management
- Development Property
Synchronizing sustainability efforts with its tenants toward the optimization of resources for common benefit, 11th Avenue Place was recognized with the Tenant Leader – Commercial Award from Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Collaborate to strengthen the investor, property management team and tenants’ joint approach to environmental sustainability. Together, BluEarth Renewables and Morguard established a unique model to help foster a positive, green workplace and an exemplary working relationship between building administrators and tenants.
The Value Proposition
BluEarth Renewables, a tenant at the 200,000 square foot, class A office, 11-storey tower, in partnership with Morguard’s property management team, implemented innovative strategies to significantly increase resource conservation at 11th Avenue Place. The strategy involved:
- Establishing an open and collaborative relationship from the onset, recognizing common needs, ideas and concerns
- Installing and updating equipment to encourage mindful energy consumption
- Driving cultural changes toward healthier and greener alternatives with on-site fitness and shared conference facilities
- Promoting environmentally-conscious transportation practices through providing electrical vehicle charging spaces and bicycle storage lockers and cages
- Optimizing reduction and diversion of waste from landfill and incineration disposals
11th Avenue Place, targeted for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification has become a model within the Calgary community of conscious engagement with environmental initiatives with a long-term effect. The building is a testament to Morguard’s commitment to working collaboratively with investors and tenants to promote responsible energy consumption and drive a cultural shift toward environmentally-friendly alternatives in the communities it serves.