Morguard is proud to announce that its Mississauga office complex 2920 Matheson Boulevard East has been recognized with an Earth Award by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Toronto for its outstanding achievements in sustainability. The Earth Awards recognize excellence in resource preservation and environmentally sound commercial building management, taking into consideration a diverse range of criteria including energy management, indoor air quality and recycling among others.
The BOMA Earth Award is presented to buildings that have made significant efforts to address environmental issues, underscoring the dedication of their leadership team to excel at resources management and efficiency. Additionally, participants must possess a valid BOMA BEST certification, which was obtained by 2920 Matheson in the platinum level in 2019.
Key programs and features at the property include:
- Upgraded water supply pumps to reduce power usage, achieving 55% in power reduction
- Installed low-consumption censored faucets
- Adjusted exterior irrigation and implemented rain sensors
- Installed low-consumption showerheads at the gym
- Upgraded lead and lag chiller and condenser pumps to reduce energy consumption, achieving an optimum performance at a reduced capacity of 83%
- Collaborated with tenants to re-schedule all HVAC systems to adapt to new tenant and building demands, adjusting to spring and fall seasonal change overs
- Replaced underdeck and parking lot lighting with LED lighting and re-programmed the lighting system to meet new tenants needs
As a recipient of the regional BOMA Earth Award, 2920 Matheson Boulevard East is eligible to enter the BOMA Canada National Awards. Congratulations to the team!