We are pleased to announce that Morguard has been recognized by Canadian Occupational Safety as one of Canada’s Safest Employers for the eleventh consecutive year. This year, Morguard received excellence awards in two categories, Best Environment Management Program and Canada’s Safest Employer in Services Sector.
At Morguard, we are deeply committed to our people. Creating a safe and sustainable environment not only benefits us, but it also contributes positively to our clients, tenants, stakeholders, the environment and the community around us.
Morguard has upheld environmental stewardship through various initiatives, including:
• Taking a proactive approach to remediate health and safety issues at all properties with all work being done in accordance with its health and safety as well as its environmental management plans.
• Managing 14 LEED-certified buildings, 63 BOMA Best® buildings, and nine ENERGY STAR® certified properties.
• Implementing a web-based management system from Refined Risk called “EnviroLink,” which is used by its Operations staff to conduct semi-annual environmental compliance audits at every property.
• Creating a GREEN LINK Environmental Policy, which guides its approach to environmental stewardship.
• Reenforcing its safety policies through regular audits and exercises such as the participation of all Environmental Affairs and Operations staff in Canada in mandatory annual spills training.
Environmental and safety awareness is essential to building a strong workplace culture. Teams across the organization are committed to seek out and embrace opportunities to advance our occupational health and safety strategy and our environmental management plan, which help evolve our action plan year-over-year.